Mount Ayr Community School District strives to create excellence in education. Mount Ayr Community School District encourages our students to be responsible, respectful and productive citizens of the world.
In partnership with families and community, Mount Ayr Community School District will provide a caring and creative environment where all students are encouraged to reach their full social, emotional, ethical, physical and intellectual potential through academic and extra curricular activities.
- all people can learn.
- each person has value and worth with unique needs and abilities.
- the school community should model the characteristics of fairness, caring, trustworthiness, respect, responsibility and citizenship.
- the school should provide the broadest educational opportunities possible to every student.
- all patrons of the district should have high expectations and commitment to excellence in education.
- students should be well prepared for the world in which they will be living and working.
- for the education process to be successful, there needs to be a family, school, and community partnership.
- the creative use of technology is essential to all students to enhance the learning process for their future.
SIGN-UP FOR CLOSING & DELAY NOTIFICATIONS
We are no longer using SNOWCAP for closing or delays. We will be using a service called Textcaster. You will need to sign up again for this service.
Sign up for RAIDER ALERTS and get important information about Mount Ayr Community Schools sent as email or text messages directly to your mobile phone. Click here to sign up for Textcaster alerts. You will need to verify when you sign up. Textcaster will alert the following:
Equal Educational Opportunity
It is the policy of the Mount Ayr Community School District not to illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, creed, age (for employment), marital status (for programs), sexual orientation, gender identity and socioeconomic status (for programs) in its educational programs and its employment practices. There is a grievance procedure for processing complaints of discrimination. If you have questions or a grievance related to this policy, please contact the district’s Equity Coordinator, Jason Shaffer, 1001 E. Columbus Street, Mount Ayr, Iowa 50854. Telephone number (641) 464-0506.